One of the ways we learn about each other in Blogland is reading the answers we post when we receive an award. My friend, Sarah, at Cottage Garden Studios, is sharing an award with me. This particular award is appropriate for me right now in my little hippie life right now. Thank you, Sarah, for the share and care, my friend.
This part of the award is a hoot. I answer the questions that Sara proposed.
So hold on to your seats.
1. What food could you not do without? Is coffee a food? No? Oh heck. I suppose bread is my mainstay. Hubby makes our bread with whole wheat flour. Sometimes he puts in sunflower seeds and sometimes raisins. You get the picture. I can make a sandwich or just have toast. Or French Toast. Yum. Or break it up and add veggies for dressing. I can go on and on with the Forest Gump shrimp thingy here and make it about bread.
2. What is your favorite scent? Candles we order online from a candle company in Arizona. My favorite fragrances blend as the candles burn: Patchouli, Orange Slice and Sandalwood in one candle. Even just walking past an unlit candle is a sweet experience.
3. What talent do you have that we don't know about? I cut hair. Some people know that already. Cutting hair is how I paid for gas and upkeep on a car in high school and I continued to cut my own hair and other peoples hair the rest of my life.
4. What actor makes your legs turn to jelly? Johnny Depp.
5. What season makes your heart sing? Fall. Cooling down from hot summer, leaves turning glorious colors, crabby people getting mellow in the cooler weather and beginning to think of Thanksgiving and Christmas.
6. What is your favorite activity with your best buddy? Playing dominoes with hubby. Actually it is the complete experience of us making a meal together and sitting at the table eating and talking and playing dominoes. Laughing, eating, playing, some touching hands and flirting too.
7. Would you rather take a vacation with your critter or your family. Family is always first but if I had a pet it would be considered part of the family.
8. If you were stranded on a beautiful mountain top for a year..what could you not do without? My knife so I could forage food and build shelters. Not a little pocket knife.
9. Tell us one hearts desire? Paint furniture with a signature design that would turn into a money making business.
10. Tell us one thing that just might shock us all!! I am sixty four years old. Shocking, isn't it???
I will pass this along to the following six bloggers:
(as always, if you choose not to accept, it is totally acceptable, you do as you need to do, if this can't be a fun thing for you, shine it on!)
Eddie Bluelights at Clouds and Silver Linings
Mami at Unknown Mami
Gappy at Single Parenthood
lisleman at A Few Clowns Short
Jeanie at Living Consciously
And Sassy Pants Freckle Face
If you got this far, and you choose to accept the award, here are your questions:
1. If you blog anonymously, are you happy doing it that way; if you are not anonymous do you wish you had started out anonymously so you could be anonymous now?
2. Describe one incident that shows your inner stubborn side.
3. What do you see when you really look at yourself in the face in the mirror?
4. What is your favorite summer cold drink?
5. When you take time for yourself, what do you do?
6. Is there something you still want to accomplish in your life? What is it?
7. When you attended school, were you the class clown, the class overachiever, the class shy person, or always ditching school? Describe who you were if not one of these.
8. If you close your eyes and want to visualize a very poignant moment in your life, what do you see?
9. Is it easy for you to share your true self in your blog or are you more comfortable writing posts about other people or events?
10. If you had the choice to sit and read or talk on the phone, which would you do and why?
So there you have it. For those blogs on the receiving end of the award, I hope you enjoy answering the questions. Then make up ten new questions of your own and pass along to six blogs of your choice. Have fun.