Pages

May 03, 2011

Kids Do Say The Darndest Things

Glitter Graphics | http://www.graphicsgrotto.com/
Graphic courtesy of Glitter Graphics

A new teacher was trying to make use of her psychology courses. She started her class by saying "Everyone who thinks they're stupid, stand up." After a few seconds, Little Johnny stood up. The teacher said, "Do you think you're stupid, Johnny?" "No, ma'am, but I hate to see you standing there all by yourself."

Glitter Graphics | http://www.graphicsgrotto.com/


Teacher: George Washington not only chopped down his father's cherry tree, but also admitted it. Now, Louie, do you know why his father didn't punish him?
Louis: Because George still had the axe in his hand.

Glitter Graphics | http://www.graphicsgrotto.com/


A firefighter was working on the engine outside the station when he noticed a little girl nearby in a little red wagon with little ladders hung off the sides and a garden hose tightly coiled in the middle. The girl was wearing a firefighters helmet. The wagon was being pulled by her dog and her cat. The firefighter walked over to take a closer look. "That sure is a nice fire truck", the firefighter said with admiration. "Thanks", the girl replied. The firefighter looked a little closer and noticed the girl had tied the wagon to her dog's collar and to the cat's tail. "Little partner", the firefighter said, "I don't want to tell you how to run your rig, but if you were to tie that rope around the cat's collar, I think you could go faster." The little girl replied thoughtfully, "You're probably right, but then I wouldn't have a siren".

Glitter Graphics | http://www.graphicsgrotto.com/

22 comments:

Ms. A said...

Hahaha! I got that one by email and just love it!

LL Cool Joe said...

Ha ha, loved them! I like the top graphic too. :)

Anne H said...

Very funny, TB! And I also love the glitter graphic

CiCi said...

Ms.A, It is good to laugh, isn't it.

LL Cool Joe, Yeah the graffic is so sweet.

Anne, Glad you got a chuckle.

Betty W said...

Thanks for the smiles this morning. Good way to start the day.

Liz Mays said...

I needed some giggles this morning, so thank you for that! These really made me laugh.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

HA! The axe in hand still!

Brian Miller said...

haha...i love it! kids are so awesome!

Kristina P. said...

Ha! I snorted several times!

Robert the Skeptic said...

Our grand kids amaze us all the time with the stuff that comes out of their little mouths.

Hilary said...

Fun stuff. Thanks for the laughs. :)

Karen said...

Cute!

Stickup Artist said...

Oh I got a good laugh. The first one really gave me a good deep belly laugh!

PS: I don't mean to toot my horn, but toot toot. I have been getting so many requests for prints that I finally figured a way to make my work available thru the blog. Blogger images are so compressed, they don't do the work justice, so check it out when you get the chance! Thanks for all your kind words, positive input, and for being such an inspiration!

Syd said...

LOL. I liked those.

beth said...

those are toooooo funny !!!!
thanks for the laugh !

Bill Lisleman said...

thanks I like the last one the best - now I need to remember it.

Debbie said...

Those are great! Thanks for sharing a laugh today.

Heidrun Khokhar, KleinsteMotte said...

Curiosity has me asking what the benefit is to the dancing bears that move across the blog? You have added motion to recent blogs. Why?

Margie said...

So funny!
Kids are awesome!

Big Dave T said...

Did you hear the joke that ends with the punchline, "Well, George Washington's father wasn't sitting in the cherry tree." I tried to tell it here but BLOGGER ATE IT! And it took me ten minutes to type it in. Google the punchline and you'll find it if you're interested.

Like the graphic. Inspires tranquility.

Eileen said...

Adorable!
I used to work in a Kindergarten class and I absolutely loved it! Those kids really did say the darndest things!
I think I posted about some of them a long time ago. I have so many though, between Kindergarten, my own kids, and my grandkids, I should do another one.
Thanks for the laughs!
All the best,
Eileen

TALON said...

I needed the laugh, TechnoBabe. Thank you so much!