September 29, 2011
1. If I ever use the word crazy in any of my posts to describe someone or some thing, it is not to be associated with a medical condition unless I am specifically writing about a mental situation. Between my hubby and myself, we have plenty of off the wall and abnormal. For me, I don't see things in that light. I use the word "crazy" in many ways. Crazy in love. Boy, are you crazy! Which is really a compliment. What a crazy day. I give myself the freedom to use the word "crazy" without attaching hidden meaning even though sliding words under the door and go BOO! on the other side is something I do often. This is a crazy paragraph; I think you get the gist of it if you are awake and have enjoyed enough morning coffee and have read some of my previous posts.
2. When I write or speak about love I am writing about love in my life as it pertains to my relationship with my hubby and a newly discovered and growing love of myself. I am not leaving anyone out who does not live my lifestyle. I do not have a closed mind about who other people pick to love or have a relationship with for whatever reason. Since this is the first time I am in a healthy relationship and I am able to work through trials as they present themselves, I speak from that place. This is the first time I understand how to be in a long term relationship in a healthy way. Loving myself, my husband, and my fellow human beings is the love I write about and cherish.
3. As I wander around blogland and leave comments, it should be noted that I am not the voice of authority my comments would leave some to believe. I don't have all the answers; in fact, I don't have very many answers. If my comments seem to portray wisdom, that is just the way I write. It is not authority you are reading, it is experience. And that is just something that comes with age.
4. I don't own cookbooks. I get a general idea of a recipe and then have fun with it. Half our meals are experiments. Since I don't measure precisely, the recipes cannot be truly duplicated. But every variation is another way to express my culinary unrestraint. Very seldom do I share a recipe on my blog and though I show a real recipe, that is just similar to what I actually make.
Simple, down home food is what I like. Gourmet food is unappreciated; thus, a fancy restaurant is wasted on me. I have always been a cheap date!
5. This blog is no longer associated with the the domain name I held for five years:
the technobabe.com. The only url for this blog is thetechnobabe.blogspot.com.
6. Regular reading of this blog will not cause blurred vision, vertigo, or itching. It may, however, bring on tingling in the extremities, profuse sweating, and slight heart palpitations brought on by giggling and swearing when you read some posts. At least, I certainly hope for a reaction.
Posted by CiCi