Joanna at The Fifty Factor invited her readers to join in her Summer Seven fun, so I am adding a post to the group. Here is my contribution to Summer Seven: Off-The-Top-Of-My-Head Summer Happenings.
1. Hubby made new garage doors and I scraped the outside walls of the the garage, then brushed them with steel brush, and painted three sides. Only one more side to paint. Whew.
What do you think of the Before and After?
2.This summer I started using my camera more, taking photos and experimenting with angles. This has been great fun. I tried and tried to get a shot of a butterfly with open wings and it did not happen.
3. Last winter was our first winter in this little hippie house and we found several things we would want to improve before we spent another winter here. This summer we checked things off the to-do list in preparation for winter. Bring it on, we are now ready.
4. This summer I started a photo diary of the construction work at the new library site. It is one block from us and I can see the work in progress. That will be fun to show the different stages after the new library opens.
5. I have been painting the bedroom a robin's egg blue. There is one small area left to finish this morning.
6. Hubby is working on his music, re-working the songs he finished last year and composing more tunes this year. His spirit is in such a good place and his music is better than ever.
7. Knowing my vision was not clear enough, my appointment with the eye doctor clarified I have cataracts. (Get it, clarified?) I have been wearing progressive lens glasses and after the initial adjustment, I am used to the glasses and can walk in and out of the house without feeling like I am stepping down into a pit. Eventually cataract surgery will be necessary and I have resigned myself to it going well when the time comes.
Want to share some things about your summer? Visit Joanna's blog and join in the fun.