Pages

July 06, 2008

Good Morning World

It's 3:30 in the morning. I felt compelled to get up and write what I was thinking that kept me from going back to sleep. Actually, I had gotten enough sleep but I am used to getting a couple more hours sleep.

I was lying there thinking that if I wanted to, I could get up and turn on the electronic dart board and play darts. When the dart board is plugged in, it makes a big loud happy sound, announcing it is ready to begin a game. Until we moved here, we had to think about things like that because we wanted to make as little noise as possible in consideration of neighbors. The previous place was a duplex of which we lived on top. The place prior to that was a house, but very close neighbors on each side. The place before that was another up/down duplex.

So this morning I was smiling and thinking how the current dwelling place has enabled me to relax just because of location and surroundings of this house. I feel free to get up at any time and read or blog without feeling anxious about disturbing someone else.

And the best part is that I know I can take a nap during the day if I decide to because it is so quiet here ALL DAY. In all the previous residences there were many noises to intrude on rest or sleep or relaxation. Day and night. After being interrupted often enough, I was not relaxing and I was not aware how much that was affecting me until we moved here.

We have been here over two months now. I hope this is permanent, but I am thankful for each day in this house in this county in this state in this country.

No comments: