Pages

October 19, 2009

They Always Need More Firefighters In California


"CHESTER CITY, Pa. — A Chester City firefighter was suspended without pay Thursday for refusing to remove an American flag sticker from his locker. Story here.

Firefighters can post personal items inside the lockers, but the outside must remain "free of alteration," according to the directive.

Some firefighters didn’t think the American flag was included in the ban. The flag is stitched on their uniforms, hangs on their trucks, and flies on a pole out front."


People who live in southern California live with an increased awareness of dry plants near the house and shingles on the roof. Big no-no's.

El Nino country. Wind. Brush fires. Homes at risk.

If the Pennsylvania firefighter loses his job, he should contact any of the larger southern California fire departments for an application!

Just sayin'.

5 comments:

Cindy said...

Oh I just think that is ridiculous! I think things are all blown out of proportion. How about freedom of rights! I hope he does not lose his job!Take care, I always find your blog interesting. Take care, c

Pyjama Diva said...

Add me to the "how ridiculous" side, too, please. I wonder if this was just some petty excuse used by somebody who wanted to get at him for some other reason. Either way, it's stupid, period.

We Canadians tend to not be as openly patriotic as our southern neighbours, but I'm pretty certain that a Canadian flag stuck on a locker here would get a nod of approval. I'll have to run this by our friend who is a firefighter to get his insider's opinion.

Brian Miller said...

ok, thats a little crazy on the PC side of things...a lesson in taking things to the extreme, no? sure he would be much appreciated where needed...

Margie said...

Oh, I feel this is just so crazy!
I hope he does not lose his job!

I have so much praise for all the firefighters that risk their lives every day.

Wishing you a very good day and thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Margie:)

Chrissy said...

This is beyond insane. This is where political correctness becomes stupidity.