Pages

August 21, 2010

Care Packages


Beth at be yourself everyone else is taken sent me a cheer me up gift this week. I tell you, I lucked out this week with sweetness and delight. Beth sent me a sweet note on one of her hand crafted cards along with one of her artsy personal one of a kind little journals. I do like artsy things and like I told Beth, I will be smiling with every entry.

Thank you for the sweet gift, Beth. Yes, I am feeling much better this week.




The picture in the red frame is a photo that Sara at Cottage Garden Studios sent to me this week. The top picture is the photo. Isn't it gorgeous? What stunning colors! I tried to take a close up of the photo in the frame but the glass made a glare.
I am so happy with this photo. I am in the process of changing our little hippie kitchen from blue and yellow to red and black and white. This is the first wall piece to change to the new colors. I am getting excited now to have the kitchen accessories with the new colors.
Vavavoom!

Sarah contacted me and told me she was going to send me a little gift. A just because gift. Just because she is so generous and can spot when someone needs a lift.
Thank you, Sarah, for your sweet gift.

So I call these care packages. They were sent to me because two very sweet bloggers really do care. The blog world is a great place to be, isn't it?

24 comments:

TALON said...

"just because" gifts are the most beautiful of all. Lovely journal (love the words!) and gorgeous photo! You'll have a blast doing the kitchen up in your new color scheme, TechnoBabe. You're right - the blogging world is an amazing place.

Jeanie said...

"Care packages" is just the right name for these thoughtful gifts. I'm glad for the lift they gave you.

DJan said...

I care, too. I'm also hoping you're feeling better, but I tend to procrastinate when it comes to mailing things instead of spur-of-the-moment offerings. Which reminds me: I've got two sympathy cards to send!

Gappy said...

I'm sorry you've not been feeling great. What beautiful gifts though. That photo is absolutely magical - I love it.

Opaque said...

I hope you are feeling better. Hopefully, my latest post made you chuckle! Hehe.

Red, Black and White... interesting combination there!!!

Brian Miller said...

how cool is that! it is a pretty amazing place around here...and particularly because of you. you have been an incredible supporter of mine for the last year...and my life is better for having known you. smiles.

Kristina P. said...

You have some super awesome blog friends!

Maude Lynn said...

That is so sweet!

Anne H said...

Love the love the bloggers give....
Like all the kind words you leave on my blog.
You are dear to many many people!
Including me!

Gary's third pottery blog said...

dang, so NICE alright!

Sassy Pants Freckle Face said...

DANG!!! I LOVE to Get AND GIVE CarePackages :)

Unknown said...

:) That is surely an awesome framed pic. You have great blogger friends.

If I live near you, I'd offer the service to kick the a** of anyone you don't like. :)

Lori said...

How very sweet of these blogging friends...yes, the blogging world is amazing and how wonderful that these care packages come at such a perfect time. :)

Bill Lisleman said...

that's very nice - I am very simple just getting comments dropped off on my blog is a nice gift for me.

Kazzy said...

Aw, so sweet! WHat awesome friends.

Pseudo said...

The blog world is a great place to be. There's a lot of love out here. SO happy for you with your packages and hope you are not feeling the blues.

Cricket said...

Cool. Always nice to get a little surprise.

My kitchen has always been red, white and black, and will be as long as it's up to me. (I am the cook-of-the-house). I like the 1930s look. I just repainted myself. If I could trade my stove for my grandmother's old gas Hotpoint, I would. The kind you had to light with kitchen matches? Yep.

No updates for me, thank you.

Sarah Sullivan said...

Awww hon..glad ya liked it!! You are a joy and give me so much hon...was a treat for me to send it off to you!! How fun to see my photography on someone else's wall LOL!!
Hugs and love to you, Sarah

Claudya Martinez said...

I love it when people care.

Syd said...

Nice. It is like the paying it forward thing a few of us did a couple of years ago. Nice gifts. Glad that the kitchen is shaping up.

Ed Pilolla said...

from blue and yellow to red, black and white. i can't wait to see the photos of the change:)

beth said...

awwww sweetie...
glad you're better !....and i loved sending you a package...it made me feel better, too ~

Joanna Jenkins said...

Care packages are good for the heart and soul. I hope your mailbox contintues to overflow.
xo jj

Marla said...

What wonderful gifts. Bloggy friends are awesome!